Saturday, April 18, 2009

Leo DiCaprio, SMAP, and Ninja Scroll

Imprint Talk has it here.

Apparently Leonardo DiCaprio (we all know who he is don't we?) Only my high school crush. He was in Titanic, BasketBall Diaries, Gangs of NY, etc... He wants SMAP, yes SMAP, to star in a live action version of Ninja Scroll!

It's not certain yet that this will go through, but I'm kind of interested in seeing this. It's been forever since I have seen Ninja Scroll, and I wonder who will play who. AS LONG AS Inagaki Gorō is NOT JUBEI. Then again, maybe it wont be so bad. I don't have anything against him, but I just don't like his acting. He was cold in the drama "Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru", when he was supposed to be playing a variety show writer who falls for an "ugly" woman. (though she isn't a beauty, I dont think she is ugly) and in "Sasaki FUsai no Jingi Naki Tatakai" he really can't live up to actress Koyuki. He's not good with making the viewer believe his character feels what he feels...if that makes sense.

He does seem to be a bit of a dick though, lol,I recently discovered that he totally assulted a police woman after a hit and run, and was temporarily suspended from public appearances by his company Johnny's Enterainment & Associates.

But moving on...

I'm just happy that someone out there in hollywood land is using their brains and thinking of actually hiring a Japanese cast to play anime roles.(I'm afraid to watch Dragon Ball Evolution. But I was never a big DB fan to begin with, so who knows if I will actually watch it)

I guess Leo is an anime fan, and is working on a live action Akira film. Holy crap Eh?!?! (oops, there is my Canadian coming out again)

Well, if this Live Action Ninja Scroll thing turns out to come true, according to Imprint Talk, it will be the first time SMAP acts together. HA! Arashi has already done THAT....THREE TIMES! (I'm a bit biased)

Anyway! I look forward to this!!

No comments: